I think this might be some sort of record for me, day 3 of a challenge and I'm still going! I usually give up by now, yet here I am, at 10pm, still tapping away.
Today's prompt is: LISTS
|Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters on Unsplash|
If I'm honest, I wasn't sure what to write about this. Don't get me wrong, I bloody love a list. I write a list when I go on holidays, go shopping, things to do, things I need, things I've run out of.........you name it, I have written a list for it. I'm not into the whole bullet journal thing, basically lists in the extreme, that is too much effort for me.
My problem was: What should I list a write about? I've listed my favourite books and films, in the past, in different ways. Should I list all the colours in my hair? Nope, that would take far too much time.
How about a list of things I have heard, or hate hearing, as a parent of children with various needs? Ugh, so many people have done that already! I literally have nothing new to add there.
So, how about a list of things I like, about me!!!!
I'll just give you a minute to take that in......
If you know me, that will come as a massive shock. If you don't know me, let me explain. I am incredibly negative about myself, I never feel good enough, slim enough, nice enough. Recently though, I'm trying to show myself that I AM ENOUGH.
Honestly, I think this is something I think we should all do. I don't mean walk around like you are the best at everything, just simply acknowledging that you DO have positives, make a note of them and make yourself listen.
So, here goes (I've challenged myself to find 10!):
1: I love my hair. Doesn't really need much of an explanation, does it? I mean I have rainbow hair!!
2. I have great legs. I really do! They are not long, but they are strong.
3. I have fantastic boobs! (sorry any family reading!). I am classed as middle aged now, yet they've stayed where they are supposed to, and look fab!
4. I'm close to my parents. I do think this is something to like about myself. Whatever the past threw at us, it's gone. I'm close to both my parents and proud of that fact.
5. I'm a good mother. Us parents don't give ourselves enough credit! I have 3 wonderful boys, would they be wonderful if I was a crap parent?! Obviously not, so credit where it's due, I think.
6. I can be a good friend. However, if I feel I am being taken advantage of, or friendship has become a one way street, I will run for the hills.
7. I don't judge. I don't care what colour your skin is, who you love or what you do. If you aren't hurting others, I won't judge you.
8. I make great cakes. Well I like them, so do my family!
9. I'm thoughtful. I try not to hurt other people's feelings, if I do so it is genuinely unintentional.
10. I am proud that I found 10 things!!
So, if someone as negative as me can find 10 things, what's stopping you?
I challenge you to find 3, that's a small number, go do it!