A lot of people, in the blogging world, have written recently about how the blogging world has changed, or affected the way they live their life. I thought I would add my penny's worth, but also to talk about the changes my mind has gone through.
The blogging community is an ever changing being. As blogging has become more popular and well known, in the UK, the attitude of those involved has changed it greatly. Particularly in the last 12 months.
I've been to a few events and, in all honesty, felt a little 'pushed out'. Don't get me wrong, this little blog has put me in touch with some truly wonderful people, that I really am glad to have in my life. However, one time in particular, I was by a fellow blogger who, quite frankly, was so 'up herself' I genuinely wanted to slap her face! (Not like me, at all, I might add).
I have found that cliques have formed. I thought I'd left that behind, when I left school.
Unfortunately, just like school, I find myself feeling like I am on the outside looking in.
I don't fit.
It's as though, as bloggers, we have to fit a label. I can't do that though, as when I write, it's just me, pouring my heart out. This last year has seen me go through many lows, mainly down to my depression. I'm sorted now, it was a medication blip that was easily sorted.
I am left wondering what the year ahead brings for me, in the blogging scene, and have come to some conclusions:
1. I don't fit in, but I'm not sure I want to. I don't want to change what this blog is, because it's me.........and I'm not changing for anybody.
2. I'm not good with PR, I don't approach companies, I wouldn't know where to start! I am more than happy to be approached, and if the product suits me, or my family, I'll review it. Otherwise it's money for old rope, and there are far more PR savvy bloggers, that will take it.
3. I'm still considering moving to WordPress. I like to play with the images/theme of my blog, WordPress offers more opportunities to do this. It would mean no change to my readers, as I own the .com and .co.uk. I'm very lucky to get little in the way of spam, which is why I'm not in a rush to change it. If I do, I will attempt to do it alone, as I don't have the finances to pay someone, so if anyone wants to offer free advice........go ahead. I won't be offended if no one does, however.
4. I love checking my stats and rankings. I find it fascinating that, even after 2.5 years, people still click the links!! The numbers don't upset or offend me though, my blog being a lower ranking than others doesn't make me competitive, I just love to watch it.
5. I will make some time. Like I'm doing right now, I'm going to take myself out, into my conservatory, and write. I am going to allow myself some, totally guilt free, time to write. Also to read the news, look at other blogs, read the forum sites. As a stay at home mum, I always feel like I should be doing something! Even working mums get down time (and before anyone takes offence, I was a working mum. I only gave up when no.3 came along, and had difficulties that require me to be around).
I have more to write on this subject, but this is already a very long post, by my standards. So I shall leave it as a 'to be continued'.......
I would love your opinions, good or bad. Discussion is healthy.