I have decided to end the year with a post I was tagged in by the lovely Kate on thin ice, she has tagged a number of bloggers to answer this, and I feel privileged to be amongst the group asked.
So here goes...
1. What was your happiest event?
I think it would have to be my youngest starting school. It's not that I'm happy to see him go, it's just that, with his differences I didn't know how he would cope. It turns out he coped brilliantly! The school have been fantastic, making small changes that have made a big difference to little A. Overall a very happy event hat could have gone so the other way.
2. What was the saddest thing to happen?
Losing our rabbits! We didn't have them long, and I don't know if we did something wrong. It didn't effect my youngest 2 but me and our eldest were gutted.
3. What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did?
My husband working away. We've never been apart for more than a week. Even when one of us has had to go to hospital, we've seen each other everyday for visiting. That's not much time apart in 23 years! This year he had the opportunity to drive buses for the Olympics. We honestly didn't think he'd get it, and when he did we weren't sure he would actually go. But the money they were offering was too good to pass up, so he went..........for 3 weeks! I did get to speak to him on Skype and we text and phoned a lot. But, jeez!, I missed him! You've never seen a grown woman cry so much!
4. Who let you down I felt quite let down by my family, this year me and the hubby celebrated 20yrs of marriage with party. Hardly any of my family showed, and for letting them know this upset me I was called selfish! This has still left me questioning myself. One of my relatives continued to have a go at me afterwards, so I also felt let down that no one stood up for me. I have quite low self esteem anyway, and this really didn't help. I let myself down quite a lot, particularly once every 4 weeks!! I put myself down and let myself give up! This has to change.
Also, I feel a bit let down by the 'System' I have to fight so hard for any help with my boys and it's exhausting!
5. Who supported you?
My mum. Always my mum, she drives me insane! But she's always there for me and I never forget it.
The blog and twitter community. They've been so amazing, there just always seems to be someone there with a word of helpful encouragement or advice.
6. Tell us one thing you learned
While my hubby was away working I discovered that I'm stronger than I think.....and far more capable! Now he's back, I've slipped a little, back into letting him do everything for me. This is not going to continue.
7. Tell us one thing that made you laugh
My hubby. He's always making me giggle!
8. Tell us one thing that made you cry
Being on my own for 3 weeks. It was exhausting, demanding and I hated it. I missed my hubby so much.
9. Tell us three things your child or children did to make you feel proud.
K. He's worked so hard in school, his last teacher conference was so positive. He's grown into the young man I could only prayer for when he was little. He has such a good soul and I don't think anyone realises just how much help he is with his brothers.
R. His ability to learn makes me so proud of him! His guitar playing is awesome, and he really enjoys it too.
A. The amount he's come forward this year, he is talking, properly communicating. He's even started interacting a little with others in his class.
10. Tell us one thing that made you proud of yourself.
Buying a ticket for Brit Mums live! I know that sounds daft, but it shows that I'm thinking of myself and pushing myself to do new things. This is huge, for a long time I have been a mother and nothing else. Even when I worked, they came before anything. Do you know I've never had a proper manicure?! I only go to the hairdressers about twice a year! Getting this ticket is the first step into putting myself, not 1st, but up in the rankings.
11. Tell us one challenge you overcame
I did the Race for life 10k! I am a VERY large lady, and no that's not insulting myself, just stating fact. But I did it in 1hr40mins. I proved to myself that I can do anything, no challenge too big.........even though my body is still having trouble because of it!!
12. Tell us three things you would like to change about your life in 2013.
1. Its time to lose the weight. I have tried everything, I honestly don't know what to do. My dream would be for someone to take over, tell me what to eat and when, then tell me what exercise to do! Unfortunately that won't happen, but something has to change because its the one thing that holds me back the most, makes me sad the most.
2. Get out more. Its time to get out of this house. I don't go anywhere, my local town is only 20mins walk away, but I never go! So my camera will be coming with me and I shall be getting out.
3. Appreciating my friends more. I don't have many, but those I do have are awesome. I need to get my ass out of my house and start visiting for coffee. When I was growing up, if someone popped in for coffee my mum would wonder what they wanted!! There's nothing wrong with her, she's just not a 'pop in for coffee' type. So I never pop to friends houses, as I think they might wonder what I am after! Its time to ditch that mindset and start appreciating what I have.
So in short there are no big changes planned for 2013, just little steps, that will lead along the road to change. Its time to do for myself what I should of been doing all my life. I'm not sure who Kate tagged altogether, so I'm going to leave off the tag, but I hope that if you want to do one you will take the questions and have a go.
Finally I would like to wish all that pass by HAPPY NEW YEAR
from all of us in Ojos World!
(a very rare family pic early in the year, boys are bigger now!)