This evening I attempted some lovely homemade burgers, I used to make them using this recipe many years ago.
It was from a very old fashioned recipe book, they were called *poor man's steaks*. Over the years I have adapted the recipe to suit me and my family, which obviously means, making it healthier too.
As you know, from a post a couple of weeks ago, Here, I am a #morrisonsmum. This involves me checking out their new lower price range, you can check it out on their price checker tool.
Now Morrisons are going to release an ebook, with recipes from people like us, using their lower price food. My recipe is for the Light Summer Family Meals section:
450g Extra Lean Mince
half a large onion
desert spoon of yeast extract
1 slice of bread
Bread rolls (to put the burgers in)
Simply a bag of salad, with cherry tomatoes and salad onions.
1. Chop the onions up as finely as you can
2. Put all the burger ingredients into a bowl, and start mixing with a spoon.
3. Now it gets messy! Get your hands in there and mix it together really well. If you want to add any spices, this is the time to do it.
4. On a floured surface, shape them into patties. I got 6 good size burgers out of the mix.
5. Place them on a very hot griddle, or thick based pan. I used a cast iron one. You should here them sizzle when you put them down.
6. Cook them until well browned around the outside. Give them a press, making sure now pink liquid is coming out, and serve.
For the salad...........simply throw it in a bowl.
Doesn't it look delicious? A lovely summer meal, all made with low fat ingredients, so healthy too.
I think a picture paints a thousand words, don't you:
This post is an entry for the #MorrisonsMum (or #MorrisonsDad) Summer Recipe eBook Challenge sponsored by Morrisons, which has recently cut prices on over a thousand every day products.
Find out more here price checker tool